© 2016 - RDA Innovative

What To Bring


1) In order to file your personal taxes effectively we need the following information:

  • All slips such as T4’s, T5’s (investments), T4(OAS), T4A(P), T4E (unemployment), RRSP contributions and withdrawals, T2202A (tuition)


 2) Details of other income for which no slips have been received such as:

  • Other employment income (including stock option plans and Election Form T1212)

  • Business income

  • Partnership income

  • Rental income

  • Alimony, separation allowances, child maintenance

  • Pensions (certain pension income may now be split between spouses)

  • Interest income earned but not yet received – ex. Canada Savings Bonds, Deferred Annuities, Term Deposits, Treasury Bills, Mutual Funds, Strip Bonds, Compound Interest Bonds

  • Scholarships, fellowships, bursaries


3) Details of other expenses such as:

  • Tools acquired by apprentice mechanics

  • Business and employment purchases like vehicles, supplies, etc.

  • Interest on money borrowed to purchase investments

  • Moving expenses – including costs of maintaining a vacant former residence

  • Child care expenses –also including preschool fees

  • Alimony, separation allowances, child maintenance

  • Pension plan contributions

  • Medical Expenses (including Travel, Rx official receipts required)

  • Home Accessibility Tax Credit -receipts for renovations

  • New Home Buyers Tax Credit

  • TL2- Claim for meals and lodging signed by your employer

  • T2200 – Conditions of employment signed by employer for cell phone, tools, etc.

  • Public Transit (Bus Pass) January 1,2017 through June 30, 2017

  • Interest on student loans

  • Political contributions

  • Dates you left and returned to Canada, if applicable

  • Disabilities – let us know if you or a family member has a disability so you get all credits you’re entitled to